Scott Stitt, '01, named 2023 Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in the category of Employment Law
Scott Stitt, '01, was recently named 2023 Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in the category of Employment Law. In addition, 10 Moritz alumni currently at Tucker Ellis LLP were selected by their peers for inclusion in inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® or Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America for 2023.
The attorneys selected for The Best Lawyers in America and the practice areas in which they are recognized are:
– Carlos Garritano—Patent Law
– Peter Igel—Tax Law
– Joseph Koncelik—Environmental Law
– Keith Raker—Real Estate Law
– William Stavole—Commercial Litigation
– Ronald Stansbury—Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
– Scott Stitt—Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law; Employment Law – Individuals
– Robert Tucker—Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
– Michael Zellers—Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
Additionally, Carrie Thiem was named among the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America for 2023 in the area of Commercial Litigation.
"Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer review publication in the legal profession. Recognition in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers. For more than three decades, its publications have earned the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere. Its lists of outstanding lawyers are compiled by conducting exhaustive peer review surveys in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. Lawyers are not permitted to pay any fee to participate in or be recognized by Best Lawyers."