PLL kick-off, Barrister Club
- PLL Kick-off for 1Ls and LLMs to learn more about the Program on Law and Leadership, August 22, 2019.
- Mentoring & More joint event: Colloquium with Greg Lockhart and Carter Stewart (both former US attorneys for the SD of Ohio): “The Justice Department and the Presidency,” Thursday, October 17, Ohio Union
- Q&A with form Nevada Governor. Brian Sandoval, Friday, October 4, Marriott
- S. Solicitors General Charles Fried and Donald Verrilli on “A Conversation on Law and Leadership on the National Level: Ideas Going Forward,” via Zoom, Tuesday, March 24. Moderated by Professors Nancy Rogers and Ned Foley.
- Steve Jemison, former VP/General Counsel, Proctor & Gamble; Tuesday, September 17, Barrister Club
- Becky Monroe, Director of the Divided Community Project, Tuesday, October 29, Barrister Club
- Jim Foley, Founder and President of Cristo Rey Columbus High School, Thursday, November 7, Barrister Club
- Kelley Griesmer, CEO, Women’s Fund of Central Ohio, and Greg Gorospe, Partner, Ice Miller, Thursday, January 16, Barrister Club. Moderated by Prof. Katrina Lee.
Conversation and Book Chapter Discussion
- Marty Glick, Senior Litigator with Arnold & Porter; discussion of his book, “The Soledad Children: The Fight to End Discriminatory IQ Tests,” based on his own civil rights litigation in Soledad, CA, Friday, October 4, Drinko Hall
Dean’s Roundtables, Moderated by Dean Lincoln Davies
- Jim Flynn, Managing Partner, Bricker & Eckler, Monday, October 21, Barrister Club
- Kara Trott, Founder and CEO, Quantum Health, Thursday, February 13, Barrister Club
- Stacia Jones, VP, Associate General Counsel; Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Abercrombie & Fitch, Monday, March 16, Barrister Club; event rescheduled to 20-21 due to Covid-19
Leadership Skills Workshops
- Mark Weaver, national communications expert; former spokesman for the DOJ, “Crisis Communications for Lawyers,” Friday, November 1, Drinko Hall
- Associate Dean Dan Tokaji and Alexandra Schimmer, Dennison University General Counsel and former OSU Deputy General Counsel and former Ohio Solicitor General, “Leading a Litigation Team,” Friday, February 21
- Mini-workshop for members of the PLL Advisory Board; presented by Prof. Nancy Rogers
- “Leading Within a Crisis Situation,” facilitated by Prof. Nancy Rogers, Thursday, February 6, Drinko 251 and 252
- “National Security Simulation luncheon, directed by Prof. Dakota Rudesill, Friday, March 27, Fawcett Center; cancelled due to Covid-19.
- Congressional Conversations: Rep. Marcia Fudge, Friday, November 22, 2019, 56 attendees; Rep. Dave Joyce, scheduled for Tuesday, April 14; cancelled due to Covid-19.
- Moritz Leadership Coaching Initiative—students were paired with distinguished lawyer-leaders to coach “in-the-moment” when leadership issues arise.