About the Library
The primary mission of the Moritz Law Library is to support scholarship and instruction in the law.
The Law Library has a long history. It was formed in December, 1891 with a gift in memory of the Honorable Henry C. Noble of Columbus. The Law Library has occupied its current location in Drinko Hall since 1992 when a substantial addition to the Moritz College of Law building was opened. This addition continues to provide the law library’s patrons with convenient access to the collection and services, as well as ample and comfortable room in which to work. In 1998, the Law Library was named after distinguished College of Law alumnus, Michael E. Moritz.
The collection may be used by the entire Ohio State University community. Furthermore, as the largest law library in the state, the Moritz Law Library is a valuable resource for the attorneys, judges, officials, and citizens of Ohio.