Qualifying For Assistance
Who qualifies for assistance from the Grassbaugh Veterans Project?
There are four questions you must answer to see if you are eligible for legal assistance, at no cost to you, through the Grassbaugh Veterans Project. If you answer yes to these questions, you may qualify for legal help.
1. Are you a veteran or service member which includes:
- Are you a current service member? (Including Reserve and National Guard members)
- Are you an immediate family member of a current service member?
- Are you a prior service member who served on active duty for 90 or more continuous days? (includes active duty for deployment or for training)
2. Are you a permanent resident of the State of Ohio?
3. Does your legal issue involve one or more of the following legal areas?
- Consumer Law
- Recent default judgment against you
4. Is your legal issue or case in Franklin County or surrounding counties?
If you answered yes to all four questions, please contact us at:
Please leave a detailed voicemail message or email with your name, phone number, email address, resident county, branch of service, and description of the legal issue. Project Fellows will return your calls or emails Monday through Friday.
NOTE: THE PROJECT DOES NOT PROVIDE ASSISTANCE WITH EMPLOYMENT LAW, FAMILY LAW, HEALTH LAW, CRIMINAL LAW, WILLS/TRUSTS/ESTATES, OR BENEFIT MATTERS. For free legal assistance in these areas, please call the Ohio Military Veterans Legal Assistance Project, a statewide resource for income qualifying veterans at: 1-877-759-6182.