Squire Patton Boggs Foundation Sustained Impact Fellowship – Puerto Rico
In 2019, the Squire Patton Boggs Foundation added to its on-going Fellowship program by establishing the Sustained Impact Fellowship. The Sustained Impact Fellowship will focus on disaster relief, community rebuilding and access to legal services in post-Hurricane Maria Puerto Rico. The goal of this project is to create a model for bringing sustained and direct pro bono legal services to communities affected by natural disaster. One Moritz College of Law student will be nominated to take part in this fellowship and compete to receive $5,000 to work at a non-profit organization in Puerto Rico.
About the Fellowship
The placement offer will be facilitated by the SPB Foundation and SPB attorneys will provide supervision and mentorship for the Fellows on the ground.
The student nominated must speak fluent Spanish.
Applications are due on or before March 1 by noon (12:00pm).
Please complete the Moritz College of Law Fellowships and Scholarships application (accessed through the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the page). In addition to completing the application form, you will also need to upload PDF versions of the following documents:
• Squire Patton Boggs Foundation Fellowship Application.
• A personal statement of 300 words or less, answering the following questions:
• Why do you want this fellowship? Where will you work? What does that organization do? Who are their clients?
• What will your responsibilities be? What are your goals for the position? Will you be working on a specific project?
• What aspect of your work will involve Public Policy Work?
• How do you envisage this public policy work to further your long-term career objectives?
• Current resume.
Laura Fernández-Álvarez, Assistant Dean
Office of International & Graduate Affairs
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
55 W 12th Avenue, 341 Drinko Hall
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Phone: +1-614-688-5328/ firstname.lastname@example.org