Squire Patton Boggs Foundation Sustained Impact Fellowship – Racial Justice
In 2019, the Squire Patton Boggs Foundation added to its on-going Fellowship program by establishing the Sustained Impact Fellowship. In response to the killing of George Floyd in June 2020, Squire Patton Boggs has created three Racial Justice Fellowships. They will be with the Lawyers Committee on Civil Rights Under Law, working on voting rights; the Charlottesville, Virginia Police Department, working on police- Black community issues; and Lone Star Justice Alliance in Dallas, working on juvenile justice in minority communities in Dallas. A grant of $5000 will be made to the law school of each student receiving a Racial Justice Fellowship.
About the Fellowship
The placement offer will be facilitated by the SPB Foundation and SPB attorneys will provide supervision and mentorship for the Fellows on the ground.
Preference given to students with a passion for public interest work and/or public service.
Applications are due on or before March 1 by noon (12:00pm).
Please complete the Moritz College of Law Fellowships and Scholarships application (accessed through the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the page). In addition to completing the application form, you will also need to upload PDF versions of the following documents:
• Squire Patton Boggs Foundation Fellowship Application.
• A personal statement of 300 words or less, answering the following questions:
• Why do you want this fellowship? Where will you work? What does that organization do? Who are their clients?
• What will your responsibilities be? What are your goals for the position? Will you be working on a specific project?
• What aspect of your work will involve Public Policy Work?
• How do you envisage this public policy work to further your long-term career objectives?
• Current Resume
Megan Avellana, Assistant Director
Office of International & Graduate Affairs
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
55 W 12th Avenue, 361 Drinko Hall
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Phone: +1-614-247-0098/ firstname.lastname@example.org