The Divided Community Project offers these brief resources, in case they might be helpful as you do contingency planning regarding your community’s reactions to the verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial for charges stemming from George Floyd’s death:
- A checklist of reminders and ideas for that preparation.
- A rough draft of a plan that U.S. Community Relations Service mediators have used with communities preparing for similar a similar situation.
- A short video Ideas for Local Leaders
- Police Chief for Charlottesville, Virginia, RaShall Brackney
- Menlo College Provost and former Community Relations Service Director Grande Lum
- Director of Neighborhood and Community Engagement for Sanford, Florida, Andrew Thomas
- Former Community Relations Service Conciliator, Ron Wakabayashi