Sign up to receive updates about events and research from DEPC.
Feb 20-22: CSA at 50
In February 2020, the Drug Enforcement and Policy Center (DEPC) at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law and the Academy for Justice at the Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law co-sponsored a conference in Phoenix, Arizona to mark a half-century of drug policy under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). The Controlled Substances Act at 50 Years featured over 50 speakers across law, health, and policy. Attendees evaluated the ways in which the CSA has helped shape modern American drug laws and policies, and how these laws could change in the future.
Resources and More
The conference aims to produce a number of outputs. Please see below for access to information and resources generated by the conference so far.
- Conference program with schedule and speaker bios
- Recommendations for reform submitted by speakers
- A Blueprint for Reform by Leo Beletsky with Center Responses
- Fair and Just Prosecution Plenary Resource List
- Fair and Just Prosecution Brief on Harm Reduction Responses to Drug Use
- Recordings of conference presentations
- Read and join the conversation on Twitter with #CSAat50
Visit the conference website to learn more about the event, see a comprehensive list of speakers and read the agenda.