2018 Ohio State Business Law Journal Symposium: Energy, Environment, and the Economy
The Ohio State Business Law Journal would like to invite you to attend its annual symposium on Friday, April 20, at the Barrister Club, located at 25 W. 11th Ave., Columbus, Ohio, 43201, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The symposium this year is Energy, Environment, and the Economy and will explore the intersection between international trade and the environment through two panels. Moritz alumnus Asim Z. Haque ’06, chair of the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio, will be the keynote speaker for the symposium.
Co-sponsored by the Moritz College of Law program on Law, Finance and Governance @ Ohio State.
Registration and Check-in | 8:30 a.m.- 9 a.m.
Welcome and Introduction: Allison Kelly and Associate Dean Paul Rose | 9 a.m.
Keynote: Asim Z. Haque ’06 (Public Utilities Commission of Ohio) | 9:10 a.m.- 10 a.m.
Panel 1: Energy Development | 10:15 a.m.- 11:15 a.m.
- Associate Dean Josh Fershee (West Virginia University College of Law)
- Dylan Borchers ’13 (Bricker & Eckler Attorneys at Law)
- J. Kevin West (Steptoe and Johnson PLLC)
- Moderator: Professor Dan Chow (The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law)
Panel 2: Environmental Impacts | 11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
- Craig W. Butler (Ohio Environmental Protection Agency)
- Valoria Hoover (Ohio Attorney General’s Environmental Enforcement Section)
- Sherry Hesselbein ’01 (Marathon Petroleum Corporation)
- Professor Cinnamon Carlarne (The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law)
- Moderator: Professor Jeff Bielicki (The Ohio State University, John Glenn College of Public Affairs and The College of Engineering)