- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Areas of Study
- Administrative Law and Government Regulation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Civil Rights
- Clinics and Experiential Learning
- Commercial and Consumer Law
- Constitutional Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Law
- Education Law and Policy
- Election Law
- Employment and Labor Law
- Environmental Law and Energy
- Family Relations and Wills and Trusts
- Health Law and Policy
- Intellectual Property and Technology Law
- International and Comparative Law
- Jurisprudence and Legal Theory
- Law and Other Disciplines
- Legal Profession and Ethics
- Legal Writing
- Legislation and the Law of Political Process
- Litigation and the Judicial Process
- Public Interest Law
- Real Estate
- Sports Law
There are many opportunities to develop a deeper understanding of various areas of law. Our professors are passionate about sharing the most fascinating aspects of their areas of expertise with students in the classroom. Programs, courses, journals, and student groups round out the learning experience for students, giving students freedom to explore their interests and refine their skills.
Sports law attorneys often manage complex labor, employment, contract, and copyright issues for sports teams and professional athletes. There is no defined area of law called “sports law.” Rather, a sports attorney simply represents clients in matters involving one or more legal areas that are in the context of the sports industry.
Ohio State offers a number of courses, however, to prepare students for positions in this field. Greg Kirstein, the general counsel of the Columbus Blue Jackets professional hockey team, regularly teaches a Sports Law course at Moritz. Kirstein’s firsthand knowledge and expertise is unmatched. Moritz students also have obtained internships in the legal and compliance offices of the Ohio State Department of Athletics. With the single largest NCAA sports program in the country, Ohio State’s athletic compliance system provides opportunities for direct experience in the field.
Find course offerings in this area with our Course Explorer.
Programs & Other Opportunities