Please continue to check for Class of 2016 updates and information
Important Information for the Class of 2016
Class Speaker Auditions
Outstanding Faculty and Staff Award
- 3L Class Speaker (updated 1/11/16)
Auditions for the Class Speaker will be held January 25th 12:10 – 1:30. The audition will be in front of a portion of the hooding committee. Please come prepared with about 5 minutes of your actual speech or material that is as close as possible to your actual speech. Your actual speech should run no longer than 5 to 7 minutes total. If you would like to audition, please contact Kelly Flanigan: Kellymflanigan@gmail.com
- Make your class gift
Our philanthropic legacy serves as a testament to the strength of the bonds we’ve formed over our three years at Moritz and helps us to forge a continuing relationship with the Moritz community post graduation. Information for the class of 2016 TBD
- Vote for Outstanding Faculty and Outstanding Staff Members
Voting for the Outstanding Faculty and Outstanding Staff Members will take place through ballots available in The Student Services Suite. Information for the class of 2016 TBD
Student Services (please check later for 2016 updates)
Cap and Gown
- Make arrangements for your cap and gown, order announcements, order diploma frames
All graduates are required to wear authorized Juris Doctor caps and gowns. The link below contains information for ordering your graduation regalia:
Law Student Order Form 2016
Financial (please check later for 2016 updates)
Resolve Outstanding Financial Obligations
Complete Financial Aid Exit Interview
- Resolve any outstanding financial obligations to the University These include such items as library fines, parking tickets, and class material fees. Check your Buckeye Link Student Center for information regarding administrative or financial holds. Students holding keys to the building need to make arrangements with the issuing office for return. Please remember to return all library books and pay any fines; courtesy cards can be issued to alumni if fines are at zero balance. Diplomas will not be distributed to those with any kind of hold.
Complete Financial Aid Exit Interview
All students who were disbursed Stafford and G-Plus loans while enrolled at OSU are required to complete the Federal Exit Interview. A link will appear on your Student Center “TO DO” list that will direct you to the web site.
Career Services (please check later for 2016 updates)
Career Services Exit Interview
- Attend an exit interview with the Career Services Office.
The Career Services Office will be conducting exit interviews to determine how the office can tailor its services to each student’s career goals. These are NOT the same exit interviews necessary for financial aid – these are separate. These very brief interviews will be conducted during March and the first part of April. Interviews MUST be completed by April 10th. Not required for LLM students.
- Submit Employment Information
All 3Ls are REQUIRED to complete the Graduate Survey Form. This form can be found on Symplicity under the Profile Tab or you can fill out a hard copy available here and return to the Student Services Suite.
The ABA requires this information from all ABA-accredited law schools. Surveys with individual student names removed are forwarded to the National Association for Law Placement for compilation of Moritz employment statistics as well as national statistics and forecasting of trends. The data is important for several reasons. Employment information is shared with prospective students to help them make informed decisions based on the job market; it provides Career Services with information about your job search needs; and it is also shared with various organizations that rank law schools. The more complete OSU’s data, the greater the probability for accurate rankings. High rankings help all graduates, particularly those still seeking employment. We ask that you please update the information if your employment status changes after graduation.If you would like to confirm that your Graduate Statistics information was submitted successfully, or if you have questions about that form, please contact your advisor or anyone on the career services staff.
Additional Information (please check late for 2016 updates)
Honors Convocation and Hooding Ceremony
April 22, 2016
- 3L Send Friday, April 22, 4:00 p.m. Saxbe Auditorium.
The Send Off includes the following:
- Class Picture
- Announcements – Outstanding Professor and Outstanding Staff Person announced
May 13, 2016
- Honors Convocation The Honors Convocation will be held at the Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St., 10:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Hooding Ceremony The Hooding Ceremony will be held at the Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. Night St., at 2:00 p.m.
- Reception – Immediately following the ceremony – Drinko Hall
- Seating for Honors Convocation and Hooding Ceremony is unlimited. No tickets will be issued.
- Link to Hooding Ceremony live stream (TBD)
Lockers must be emptied no later than August 4th.
As a convenience, students planning to study for a bar exam at Moritz this summer may continue to use their locker until August 4. All contents of unemptied lockers will be donated or thrown away on August 5. If you are not planning to study at the law school this summer, please clean out your locker before leaving Columbus. If you cannot personally complete this task, please ask a friend to open your locker and remove the contents.