Important Dates for the Class of 2014
February 12th and 13th, 2014
- 3L Class Speaker Auditions for the Class Speaker will be held February 12th and 13th. The audition will be in front of a portion of the hooding committee. Please come prepared with about 5 minutes of your actual speech or material that is as close as possible to your actual speech. Your actual speech should run no longer than 5 to 7 minutes total. If you would like to audition, please email Moritzhooding2014@gmail.com
- Make your class gift You can make your gift to Moritz online or by visiting the Hooding Committee table that will be stationed outside of Lou’s periodically throughout the rest of the year. Our philanthropic legacy serves as a testament to the strength of the bonds we’ve formed over our three years at Moritz and helps us to forge a continuing relationship with the Moritz community post graduation. Class of 2014 class gift contributions will be used to support the Capt. Jonathan D. Grassbaugh Veterans Project and the Moritz Fund.
February – March, 2014
- Make arrangements for your cap and gown, order announcements, order diploma frames
- All graduates are required to wear authorized Juris Doctor caps and gowns.
- Announcements may be ordered when you order your cap and gown. If you are completing your third year at another law school, call Bill Butts at the OSU Bookstore (614) 292-2991 to place your announcement order.
- Frames with the OSU Moritz College of Law seal may be purchased by graduates and their families (optional).
- Cap and gown orders are due to the OSU bookstore by March 24th Cap Gown Order Form
- Vote for Outstanding Faculty and Outstanding Staff Members Voting for the Outstanding Faculty and Outstanding Staff Members will take place through ballots available in The Student Services Suite.
- Resolve any outstanding financial obligations to the University These include such items as library fines, parking tickets, and class material fees. Check your Buckeye Link Student Center for information regarding administrative or financial holds. Students holding keys to the building need to make arrangements with the issuing office for return. Please remember to return all library books and pay any fines; courtesy cards can be issued to alumni if fines are at zero balance. Diplomas will not be distributed to those with any kind of hold.
- Attend an exit interview with the Career Services Office In addition to collecting all of your required forms for hooding, the Career Services Office will be conducting exit interviews to determine how the office can tailor its services to each student’s career goals. (these are NOT the same exit interviews necessary for financial aid – these are separate). These very brief interviews will be conducted during March and the first part of April. Not required for LLM students.
- Complete Financial Aid Exit Interview All students who were disbursed Stafford and G-Plus loans while enrolled at OSU are required to complete the Federal Exit Interview. A link will appear on your Student Centre “TO DO” list that will direct you to the web site.
- Deadline for completing Hooding Form All 3Ls are REQUIRED to complete the Hooding Form in order to participate in the 2014 Hooding Ceremony.
- Submit Graduation Statistics All 3Ls are REQUIRED to complete the Graduate Survey Form. The ABA requests this information from all ABA-accredited law schools. Surveys with individual student names removed are forwarded to the National Association for Law Placement for compilation of Moritz employment statistics as well as national statistics and forecasting of trends. The data is important for several reasons. Employment information is shared with prospective students to help them make informed decisions based on the job market; it provides Career Services with information about your job search needs; and it is also shared with various organizations that rank law schools. The more complete OSU’s data, the greater the probability for accurate rankings. High rankings help all graduates, particularly those still seeking employment. We ask that you please update the information if your employment status changes after graduation.
If you would like to confirm that your Graduate Statistics information was submitted successfully, or if you have questions about that form, please contact your advisor or anyone on the career services staff.
April 24, 2014
- 3L Send Off Thursday, April 24, 4:00 p.m. The Send Off includes the following:
- Pick up cap and gown
- Group Picture
- Announcements – Outstanding Professor and Outstanding Staff Person announced
May 9, 2014
- Honors Convocation The Honors Convocation will be held at the Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St., 10:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Hooding Ceremony The Hooding Ceremony will be held at the Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. Night St., at 2:00 p.m.
- Seating for Honors Convocation and Hooding Ceremony is unlimited. No tickets will be issued.
May 12, 2014
- Lockers must be emptied As a convenience, you may continue to use your locker through May 12 (or August 8 for Ohio Bar takers). If lockers are not empty by May 12, locks will be cut. If you cannot personally attend to this matter, please ask a friend to remove the lock and contents.