*This page was updated 1/25/17*
Important Information for the Class of 2017
Class Speaker Auditions
- 3L Class Speaker
Auditions for the Class Speaker will be held Tuesday, February 7. For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make your class gift
Our philanthropic legacy serves as a testament to the strength of the bonds we’ve formed over our three years at Moritz and helps us to forge a continuing relationship with the Moritz community post graduation. Class gift information for the class of 2017 will be announced soon.
- Vote for Outstanding Faculty and Outstanding Staff Members
Voting for the Outstanding Faculty and Outstanding Staff Members will take place through ballots available in The Student Services Suite. Vote for the outstanding awards during the Hooding Fair March 27th, 12-4, Outside of Lou’s Café
Cap and Gown
- Make arrangements for your cap and gown, order announcements, order diploma frames
All graduates are required to wear authorized Juris Doctor caps and gowns. Order information will be updated and sent to 3L’s.
2017 Hooding Fair
Monday, March 28
12 – 4 p.m.
Outside of Lou’s Café
Hooding Fair Checklist
- Donate to the class gift
- Complete your cap and gown form
- Nominations for the 3 class awards
- Complete your Career Services graduation survey
- Fill out your Public Service Fellow Designations on Symplicity
- Make sure there are no financial aid holds on your account
- Get any of your Hooding related questions answered!
Resolve Outstanding Financial Obligations
Complete Financial Aid Exit Interview
- Resolve any outstanding financial obligations to the University These include such items as library fines, parking tickets, and class material fees. Check your Buckeye Link Student Center for information regarding administrative or financial holds. Students holding keys to the building need to make arrangements with the issuing office for return. Please remember to return all library books and pay any fines; courtesy cards can be issued to alumni if fines are at zero balance. Diplomas will not be distributed to those with any kind of hold.
Complete Financial Aid Exit Interview
All students who were disbursed Stafford and G-Plus loans while enrolled at OSU are required to complete the Federal Exit Interview. A link will appear on your Student Center “TO DO” list that will direct you to the web site.
- You will be able to make sure there are no financial holds on your account during the Hooding Fair, Monday March 27, 12 – 4 pm Outside of Lou’s Cafe
Career Services Exit Interview
- Attend an exit interview with the Career Services Office.
The Career Services Office will be conducting exit interviews to determine how the office can tailor its services to each student’s career goals. These are NOT the same exit interviews necessary for financial aid – these are separate. These very brief interviews will be conducted during March and early April. Not required for LLM students.
- Submit Employment Information
All 3Ls are REQUIRED to complete the Graduate Survey Form. This form can be found on Symplicity under the Profile Tab or you can fill out a hard copy available here and return to the Student Services Suite.
The ABA requires this information from all ABA-accredited law schools. Surveys with individual student names removed are forwarded to the National Association for Law Placement for compilation of Moritz employment statistics as well as national statistics and forecasting of trends. The data is important for several reasons. Employment information is shared with prospective students to help them make informed decisions based on the job market; it provides Career Services with information about your job search needs; and it is also shared with various organizations that rank law schools. The more complete OSU’s data, the greater the probability for accurate rankings. High rankings help all graduates, particularly those still seeking employment. We ask that you please update the information if your employment status changes after graduation.If you would like to confirm that your Graduate Statistics information was submitted successfully, or if you have questions about that form, please contact your advisor or anyone on the career services staff.
- You will be able to complete your Career Services Graduation Survey during the Hooding Fair, Monday March 27th, 12 – 4 pm, Outside of Lou’s Café
Honors Convocation and Hooding Ceremony
April 25, 2017
- 3L Send Tuesday, April 25, 4:00 p.m. Saxbe Auditorium.
The Send Off includes the following:
- Class Picture
- Announcements – Outstanding Professor and Outstanding Staff Person announced
May 12, 2017
- Honors Convocation The Honors Convocation will be held at the Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St., 10:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Hooding Ceremony The Hooding Ceremony will be held at the Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. Night St., at 2:00 p.m.
- Reception – Immediately following the ceremony – Drinko Hall
- Seating for Honors Convocation and Hooding Ceremony is unlimited. No tickets will be issued.
- Link to Hooding Ceremony live stream (TBD)
Lockers must be emptied no later than August 4th.
As a convenience, students planning to study for a bar exam at Moritz this summer may continue to use their locker until August 4. All contents of unemptied lockers will be donated or thrown away on August 7. If you are not planning to study at the law school this summer, please clean out your locker before leaving Columbus. If you cannot personally complete this task, please ask a friend to open your locker and remove the contents.