- Opportunities for Students
- Public Service Student Organizations
- Public Service Career Services
- Practicing and Referring Attorneys
Events And Lectures
- Alumna uses legal skills to guide foundation that helps find loving homes for foster children
- 3L student uses time in law school to prepare for career in public interest field
- 3L spends summer helping immigrant workers in Illinois
- Michelle Chavanne ’01 uses legal degree to help shape higher education in Ohio
- Professor Micah Berman receives award from the National Cancer Institute
Public Service Law Center
Welcome! The Public Service Law Center at the Moritz College of Law is an integral part of the college’s mission to educate outstanding legal professionals while improving the delivery of legal services and the administration of justice.
The Public Service Law Center works to achieve these goals by:
- educating students and the broader legal community about access-to-justice issues;
- developing a wide range of legal service opportunities for students;
- promoting research and scholarship concerning improvements to the administration of justice;
- fostering greater coordination and synergy among the College’s various public service initiatives;
- supporting students, faculty, and alumni engaged in all forms of public service.
The Center’s physical home, centrally located on the first floor of the College of Law near the main entrance to Drinko Hall, includes space for students and student groups to meet and collaborate, a conference room for private meetings and client interviews, and the office of Cybele Smith, the director of the Public Service Law Center. In addition to directing the Center, Ms. Smith also is director of Moritz’s Public Service Programs and provides career counseling on public interest, government, and fellowship positions, as well as coordinating the annual Government and Public Interest Opportunity Forum and Career Fair. She is co administrator of the Grassbaugh Veterans Project. The Moritz community has a strongly public-service oriented student body, and we invite you to bring your enthusiasm to the Public Service Law Center and get involved.