Moritz Law Library
- Library Home
- Research Databases, Journals & Periodicals
- Research Guides
- OSU Libraries/WorldCat@OSU
- Library Catalog
- My Record
- Opinio Juris
- Moritz Legal Information Blog
- Exam Archives
- Audio/Visual Services
- About the Moritz Law Library
- New Acquisitions
Remote Access to Research Resources
Off-Campus Access with OSU Username/Password
When off campus, Moritz faculty, staff and students have access to the following databases with their OSU username (lastname.n) and password; just visit Off-Campus Sign In. If you need help finding or activating your OSU username or password, visit the OIT web site.
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online - Law subject group includes online versions of 18th century legal treatises, digests, law dictionaries, case summaries
- Factiva - Newspapers & Magazines, including the Wall Street Journal
- Gongwer Ohio News Service - Ohio state government news and information
- Hein Online -Searchable archive of law journals, the Federal Register, U.S. Treaties, classic legal treatises, U.S. Reports , and U.S. Attorney General Opinions.
- LexisNexis Academic
- LexisNexis Congressional
- LLMC Digital Online - Digital collection of primary & secondary legal materials. Includes decisions from some federal agencies and many official case reporters . A growing collection of common law abroad materials includes materials from British Canada, and India.
- UN Treaties - United Nations Treaty Series, texts of recently deposited multilateral treaties, and the status of multilateral treaties deposited with the Secretary-General.
- More full-text databases from OSU Libraries - Search by subject or database name.
Off-Campus Access with Moritz Library Password
While off-campus, Moritz faculty, staff & students have access to the following databases with the Library's password. Databases marked with an asterisk have passwords posted on this secure page. For other passwords, contact the reference desk.
- Arbitration Law Online *
- CALI *
- CQ Judicial Staff Directory *
- Leadership Library on the Internet * - Searchable directories of judges, law firms, corporations and many more types of governmental and other organizations
- Loislaw *
- RIA Worldwide Tax Law
- SSRN - Legal Scholarship Network (no password needed to search and download articles, password needed only to receive LSN journals)
In Drinko Hall
The following databases are available only from the Moritz network.
- ADR World.com - News coverage of developments in alternative dispute resolution, updates and full text of ADR regulations and statutes, summaries of judicial opinions concerning ADR, and more.
- BNA All - Subject List of all products included in BNA All subscription
- Constitutions of the Countries of the World Online - English translations of the constitutions of over 190 countries
- Foreign Law Guide
- Isinolaw - a collection of laws, regulations, judicial interpretations, forms and other information about the legal system of the People's Republic of China.
- RIA Checkpoint - Database containing tax law resources
- TIARA - U.S. treaties, a U.S. treaties index, international agreements, and international tax treaties
Journals and Periodicals
Moritz eJournal Finder - Browse or search a list of legal journals that are available in full-text online. (Includes journals in Hein Online, Legal Trac, LexisNexis Academic, LexisNexis Congressional, and the OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center.)
A-Z eJournals List (Ohio State University Libraries) Browse or search the list of full-text electronic journals available to The Ohio State University community.
Indexes to Periodicals and Books
- Criminal Justice Abstracts - This index covers books, journals, reports (both governmental and non-governmental) on criminology and related fields. (campus wide)
- Index to Legal Periodicals and Books - This index covers legal periodicals from United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand beginning in 1981 and English-language legal books beginning in 1993. (campus wide)
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals - This index covers legal periodicals from countries other than the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia beginning in 1985. (campus wide)
- Index to Legal Periodical Literatur - This is the online version of Jones & Chipman's index of legal literature from 1786-1922. To use this database, select the index from the drop down menu in the Nineteenth Century Masterfile (campus wide)
- Legal Trac - This index covers legal periodicals from 1980. Includes some full-text. (college only)
- Other Indexes
- Legal Reference Services Quarterly (college only)