Larry T. Garvin
- Sales and Leases
- Small Business
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Contracts and commercial law, especially using neo-classical and behavioral economics
Previous Professional Experience:
- Associate Professor, Florida State University College of Law
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Florida State University College of Law
- Visiting Associate Professor, University of Texas Law School; Washington University School of Law, St. Louis
- Associate, Shea and Gardner, Washington, D.C.
- Law Clerk, Hon. Edward N. Cahn, U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Commissioner on Uniform State Laws, 2005-present
- Chair, Section on Commercial and Related Consumer Law, Association of American Law Schools, 2005
- Managing Editor, The Yale Law Journal
- Article Editor, Yale Journal on Regulation
- The Law of Entrepreneurial Finance (with D. Gordon Smith) (forthcoming Aspen 2007).
- Farnsworth on Contracts (3d ed. Supp. forthcoming 2006) (with E. Allan Farnsworth).
- Secured Transactions and Payment Systems: Problems and Answers (with John F. Dolan et al.) (2d ed. Aspen 2003).
- “Credit, Information, and Trust in the Law of Sales: The Credit Seller’s Right of Reclamation,” 44 UCLA Law Review 247-360 (1996).
- “Adequate Assurance of Performance: Of Risk, Duress, and Cognition,” 69 University of Colorado Law Review 69-173 (1998).
- “Disproportionality and the Law of Consequential Damages: Default Theory and Cognitive Reality,” 59 Ohio State Law Journal 339-428 (1998).
- “Uncertainty and Error in the Law of Sales: The Article Two Statute of Limitations,” 83 Boston University Law Review 345-399 (2003).
- “Small Business and the False Dichotomies of Contract Law,” 40 Wake Forest Law Review 295 (2005).