Christopher J. Walker
Articles, Essays, and Book Reviews
Restoring Congress's Role in the Modern Administrative State (forthcoming in the Michigan Law Review), (2018).
- Against Remedial Restraint in Administrative Law, 117 Colum. L. Rev. Online 106 (2017).
Attacking Auer and Chevron: A Literature Review (forthcoming in the Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy), (2017).
Chevron Step Two's Domain with Kent Barnett (with Kent Barnett, forthcoming in the Notre Dame Law Review), (2017).
Gaming the Chevron Doctrine (with Kent Barnett and Christina Boyd) (working paper), (2017).
Lawmaking within Federal Agencies and Without Judicial Review (forthcoming in the Journal of Land Use & Environmental Law), (2017).
- Legislating in the Shadows, 165 U. Pa. L. Rev. 1377 (2017).
Modernizing the Administrative Procedure Act (Forthcoming in Vol. 69, Administrative Law Review), (2017).
- Short-Circuiting the New Major Questions Doctrine (with Kent Barnett), 70 Vand. L. Rev. En Banc 147 (2017).
- Chevron Deference and Patent Exceptionalism, 65 Duke L.J. Online 149 (2016).
Chevron in the Circuit Courts (with Kent Barnett) (forthcoming in Vol. 115, Michigan Law Review), (2016).
- Referral, Remand, and Dialogue in Administrative Law, 101 Iowa L. Rev. Online 84 (2016).
- Strategic Immunity (with Aaron Nielson), 66 Emory L. J. (2016).
- The New Qualified Immunity (with Aaron Nielson), 89 S. Cal. L. Rev. 1 (2016).
Toward a Context-Specific Chevron Deference, Forthcoming in Vol. 81, MIssouri Law Review (2016).
- A Program on Legislation (with Dakota Rudesill and Daniel Tokaji), 65 J. Legal Educ. 70 (2015).
- Federal Agencies in the Legislative Process: Technical Assistance in Statutory Drafting (Final Report to the Administrative Conference of the United States), (2015).
- Inside Agency Interpretation, 67 Stan. L. Rev. 999 (2015).
- Inside Regulatory Interpretation: A Research Note, 114 Mich. L. Rev. First Impressions 61 (2015).
- Is the Chief Justice a Tax Lawyer? (with Stephanie Hoffer), 2015 Pepperdine L.Rev. 33 (2015).
- Chevron Inside the Regulatory State: An Empirical Assessment, 83 Fordham L. Rev. 703 (2014).
- Does the Legal Standard Matter? Empirical Answers to Justice Kennedy's Questions in Nken v. Holder, Ohio State Law Journal, Furthermore, Vol. 75 (2014).
- Foreword — Chevron at 30: Looking Back and Looking Forward (with Peter Shane), 83 Fordham L. Rev. 475 (2014).
- Reading Law in the Classroom (with Andrew T. Mikac), 18 Green Bag 2d 19 (2014).
- The Death of Tax Court Exceptionalism (with Stephanie Hoffer), 99 Minn. L. Rev. 221 (2014).
- The Ordinary Remand Rule and the Judicial Toolbox for Agency Dialogue, 82 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. 1553 (2014).
- Dodd-Frank Regulators, Cost-Benefit Analysis, and Agency Capture (with Paul Rose), 66 Stan. L. Rev. Online 9 (2013).
- How to Win the Deference Lottery, 91 Tex. L. Rev. See Also 73 (2013).
- Avoiding Normative Canons in Review of Administrative Interpretations of Law: A Brand X Doctrine of Constitutional Advoidance, 64 Admin. L.Rev. 139 (2012).
The Insider's Guide to the Supreme Court of the United States, Appellate Practice Compendium (Dana Livingston, ed.) (2012).
Links: Find a Print Copy