Christopher J. Walker
Articles, Essays, and Book Reviews
- Against Remedial Restraint in Administrative Law, 117 Colum. L. Rev. Online 106 (2017).
Lawmaking within Federal Agencies and Without Judicial Review (forthcoming in the Journal of Land Use & Environmental Law), (2017).
- Legislating in the Shadows, 165 U. Pa. L. Rev. 1377 (2017).
- Chevron Deference and Patent Exceptionalism, 65 Duke L.J. Online 149 (2016).
Chevron in the Circuit Courts (with Kent Barnett) (Forthcoming in Vol. 115, Michigan Law Review), (2016).
- Referral, Remand, and Dialogue in Administrative Law, 101 Iowa L. Rev. Online 84 (2016).
- Strategic Immunity (with Aaron Nielson), 66 Emory L. J. (2016).
- The New Qualified Immunity (with Aaron Nielson), 89 S. Cal. L. Rev. 1 (2016).
Toward a Context-Specific Chevron Deference, Forthcoming in Vol. 81, MIssouri Law Review (2016).
- A Program on Legislation (with Dakota Rudesill and Daniel Tokaji), 65 J. Legal Educ. 70 (2015).
- Federal Agencies in the Legislative Process: Technical Assistance in Statutory Drafting (Final Report to the Administrative Conference of the United States), (2015).
- Inside Agency Interpretation, 67 Stan. L. Rev. 999 (2015).
- Inside Regulatory Interpretation: A Research Note, 114 Mich. L. Rev. First Impressions 61 (2015).
- Is the Chief Justice a Tax Lawyer? (with Stephanie Hoffer), 2015 Pepperdine L.Rev. 33 (2015).
- Chevron Inside the Regulatory State: An Empirical Assessment, 83 Fordham L. Rev. 703 (2014).
- Does the Legal Standard Matter? Empirical Answers to Justice Kennedy's Questions in Nken v. Holder, Ohio State Law Journal, Furthermore, Vol. 75 (2014).
- Foreword — Chevron at 30: Looking Back and Looking Forward (with Peter Shane), 83 Fordham L. Rev. 475 (2014).
- Reading Law in the Classroom (with Andrew T. Mikac), 18 Green Bag 2d 19 (2014).
- The Death of Tax Court Exceptionalism (with Stephanie Hoffer), 99 Minn. L. Rev. 221 (2014).
- The Ordinary Remand Rule and the Judicial Toolbox for Agency Dialogue, 82 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. 1553 (2014).
- Dodd-Frank Regulators, Cost-Benefit Analysis, and Agency Capture (with Paul Rose), 66 Stan. L. Rev. Online 9 (2013).
- How to Win the Deference Lottery, 91 Tex. L. Rev. See Also 73 (2013).
- Avoiding Normative Canons in Review of Administrative Interpretations of Law: A Brand X Doctrine of Constitutional Advoidance, 64 Admin. L.Rev. 139 (2012).
The Insider's Guide to the Supreme Court of the United States, Appellate Practice Compendium (Dana Livingston, ed.) (2012).
Links: Find a Print Copy