Articles, Essays, and Book Reviews
Copyright's Framing Problem, (2017).
- Privacy and the Right to Record, 97 B.U. L.Rev. 167 (2017).
Siri-ously 2.0: What Artificial Intelligence Reveals About the First Amendment (with Toni M. Massaro and Helen L. Norton), (2017).
When the Default is No Penalty: Negotiating Privacy at the NTIA, 94 Denv. U. L. Rev. 923 (2016).
- Regulating Real-World Surveillance, 90 Wash. L. Rev. 1113 (2015).
- Robots in the Home: What Will We Have Agreed To?, 51 Idaho L. Rev. 661 (2015).
- The Conforming Effect: First Amendment Implications of Surveillance, Beyond Chilling Speech (with Shane Witnov), 49 U. Rich. L. Rev. 465 (2015).
- The First Amendment's Public Relations Problem: a Response to Alexander Tsesis's Free Speech Constitutionalism (working paper), 2015 U. Ill. L. Rev. Slip Opinions 103 (2015).
Who Regulates the Robots, 2015 Jotwell: J. Things We Like 166 (2015).
Links: Hein Online
- Copyright Crime and Punishment: The First Amendment's Proportionality Problem, 73 Md. L. Rev. 587 (2014).
From Google to Tolstov Bot: Should the First Amendment Protect Speech Generated by Algorithms, 2014 Jotwell: J. Things We Like 166 (2014).
Links: Hein Online
- The Capture of International Intellectual Property Law through the U.S. Trade Regime, 87 S. Cal. L. Rev. 977 (2014).
- The Marrakesh Treaty for Visually Impaired Persons: Why a Treaty Was Preferable to Soft Law (with Dr. Shlomit Yanisky-Ravid), 75 U. Pitt. L. Rev. 255 (2014).
- Drone Federalism: Civilian Drones and the Things They Carry, 4 Cal. L. Rev. Circuit 57 (2013).
- Real Masks and Real Name Policies: Applying Anti-Mask Case Law to Anonymous Online Speech, 23 Fordham Intell. Prop. Media & Ent. L.J. 815 (2013).
- Incitement to Riot in the Age of Flash Mobs, 81 U. Cin. L. Rev. 1 (2012).
- Positive Proposals for Treatment of Online Intermediaries, 28 Am. U. Int'l L. Rev. 203 (2012).
- Reading Over Your Shoulder: Social Readers and Privacy Law, 2 Wake Forest L. Rev. Online 13 (2012).
- The U.S. Proposal for an Intellectual Property Chapter in the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (with Sean M. Flynn, Brook Baker, & Jimmy Koo), 28 Am. U. Int'l L. Rev. 105 (2012).
- The U.S. Trade Representative's Democracy Problem, 35 Suffolk Transnat'l L. Rev. 519 (2012).
- An Overview and the Evolution of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, 21 Alb. L.J. Sci. & Tech. 385 (2011).
Flash rob or protest movement: the First Amendment and regulating online calls to action, Public interest and private rights in social media (2012).
Links: Find a Print Copy