Articles, Essays, and Book Reviews
- Clarifying Standards for Compelled Commercial Speech, 50 Wash. U. J.L. & Pol'y 53 (2016).
Combining Accreditation and Education: An Interdisciplinary Public Health Course, 44 J.L. Med. & Ethics 18 (2016).
Links: Find a Print Copy
Defining Tobacco Regulatory Science Competencies, Nicotine & Tobacco Res. (2016).
Links: Find a Print Copy
E-Cigarettes, Youth, and the US Food and Drug Administration's , (2016).
Links: JAMA Pediatrics
Emotion in the Law and the Lab: the Case for Graphic Cigarette Warnings (with E. Peters, A.T.Evans, N. Hemmerich), 2 Tobacco Reg. Sci. 404 (2016).
- FDA's misplaced priorities: premarket review under the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act/w Desmond Jenson, Joelle Lester, 25 Tobacco Control 246 (2016).
- Online E-cigarette Marketing Claims: a Systematic Content and Legal Analysis (with E.G.Klein, N. Hemmerich, C. Carlson, S.S. Htut & M. Slater), 2 Tobacco Reg. Sci. 252 (2016).
Regulatory Insight of ENDS product defects, Tobacco Control (2016).
Links: BMJ Global Health
- The Impact of Tobacco-free Pharmacy Policies on Smoking Prevalence (with Yue Jin, Elizabeth G. Klein. Randi E. Foraker, Amy Kerketich), J. Am. Pharmacists Ass'n. (2016).
The Legal Framework for Using Tobbaco Product Inserts and Onserts to Help Consumers Make More Informed Choices and to Reduce Tobbaco Use Harms (with Eric N. Lindblom and James T. Thrasher), (2016).
- Manipulative Marketing and the First Amendment, 103 Geo. L.J. 497 (2015).
- Book Review Essay on Nicholas Freudenberg's Lethal But Legal: Corporations, Consumption, and Protecting Public Health, 35 J. Legal Med. 601 (2014).
- Estimating the Cost of a Smoking Employee (with Rob Crane et al), 23 Tobacco Control 428 (2014).
- Local Smoke-Free Policy Experiences in Appalachian Communities (with Elizabeth G. Klein et al), 39 J. Community Health 11 (2014).
- Pursuing Global Health with Justice, [book review of Global Health Law by Lawrence O. Gostin], J Law Biosci 1 (3): 348-358 (2014).
The Commercial Speech Doctrine in the United States: False Promise and Promising Approaches for Protecting Public Health, Forthcoming chapter in book on international approaches to the regulation of commercial speech (2014).
- Tobacco Control Policies in Outdoor Areas of High Volume American Transit Systems (with Elizabeth G. Klein and Ryan David Kennedy), 39 J. COMM. HEALTH 660 (2014).
- Commercial Speech Law and Tobacco Marketing: A Comparative Discussion of the United States and Canada, 39 Am. J. L. & Med. 218 (2013).
- Defining the Field of Public Health Law, 15 DePaul J. Health Care L. 45 (2013).
- Who's Your Nanny?: Choice, Paternalism and Public Health in the Age of Personal Responsibility (with Lindsay F. Wiley and Doug Blanke), 41 J.L. Med. & Ethics 88 (2013).
- From Fenway Park to the Mall of America: A Multi-Collaborative Approach to Teaching and Learning(with Michael Freiberg and Julie Ralston Aoki), 38 U.Dayton L. Rev. 157 (2012).
- Clean Indoor Air Ordinance Coverage in the Appalachian Region of the United States (with Amy K. Ferketich et al), 100 Am. J. Pub. Health (2010).