Week of March 16, 2014
The latest election law headlines taken from media outlets across the country during the week of March 16, 2014.
- Ohio - Libertarians appeal to get on Ohio primary ballot (Columbus Dispatch)
- Kansas, Arizona - Judge says U.S. must help states enforce Voter ID laws (New York Times)
- National - Group asks U.N. to ensure Americans' voting rights (Des Moines Register)
- Iowa - Voting Rights of an estimated 50,000 at stake in Friday decision (Radio Iowa)
- Florida - Orange's Hispanic voting-rights fight moves to court (Orlando Sentinel)
- California - Judge won't halt Whittier city election in voting rights dispute (Southern California Public Radio)
- Texas - Texans Take to Voter ID (Houston News)
Information & Analysis
Information and analysis on the latest developments in election law during the week of March 16, 2014.
- Ohio Federal Judge Rules against Libertarian Gubernatorial Candidate
- Federal Judge Rules in Favor of Kansas and Arizona in Suit Against EAC
Below is a list of important litigation documents that were added to our site during the week of March 16, 2014. For a complete list of documents for a particular case, please visit the respective case page. You can view all cases EL@M is following by visiting the Major Pending Cases.
- Libertarian Party of Ohio v. Husted (Case Page)
District Court order denying motion for preliminary injunction
- Kobach v. EAC (Case Page)
District Court order in favor of Kansas and Arizona