Week of January 20, 2013
The latest election law headlines taken from media outlets across the country during the week of January 20, 2013.
- Virginia - Republicans in Virginia, other states seeking electoral college changes (Washington Post)
- Iowa - Iowa GOP lawmakers will introduce voter ID proposal (Omaha World-Herald)
- Florida - Florida group wants to end caps on campaign donations (Washington Post)
- California - In quirk, some California residents have two state senators, others none (Los Angeles Times)
- Virginia - Va. Republicans’ redistricting maneuver draws criticism (Washington Post)
- Massachusetts - AG’s lawsuit spurs William Lantigua to submit campaign $ report . (Boston Herald)
- Florida - Judge to rule on Miami-Dade absentee ballot ordinance (Miami Herald)
- Virginia - Senate backs absentee voting for seniors (Washington Post)
- Tennessee - Most provisional ballots cast in TN went uncounted (The Tennessean)
- Maryland - Martin O’Malley to propose expanding early voting in Maryland (Washington Post)
Information & Analysis
Information and analysis on the latest developments in election law during the week of January 20, 2013.