Week of August 19, 2012
The latest election law headlines taken from media outlets across the country during the week of August 19, 2012.
- Florida - Facing FBI scrutiny, former Democratic candidate files amended campaign finance (The Miami Herald)
- Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Supreme Court moves voter-ID appeal up on its schedule (Philadelphia Inquirer)
- National - Obama campaign first to accept donation-by-text message (Los Angeles Times)
- Florida - Showdown Looming Between Rick Scott and Monroe Elections Supervisor? (Sunshine State News)
- Pennsylvania - Pa. wants later date for voter-ID appeal (Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Alaska - Alaska Sues Over Provisions of Voting Rights Act (ABC News)
- Wisconsin - Van Hollen again asks Supreme Court to take up photo ID law (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
- Virginia - Justice Department upholds Va. voter ID law, governor says (Washington Post)
- Pennsylvania - State answers federal request for information on Voter ID law (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Florida - As always, Florida in the middle of the voting wars (Washington Post)
Information & Analysis
Information and analysis on the latest developments in election law during the week of August 19, 2012.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Grants Motion to Expedite Applewhite Case
- Wisconsin AG Asks State Supreme Court to Review Voter ID Rulings
Below is a list of important litigation documents that were added to our site during the week of August 19, 2012. For a complete list of documents for a particular case, please visit the respective case page. You can view all cases EL@M is following by visiting the Major Pending Cases.