Week of January 1, 2012
The latest election law headlines taken from media outlets across the country during the week of January 1, 2012.
- Ohio - Ohio Democrats Sue Over Redistricting Map (Newsmax)
- Texas - Texas Case Could Lead to Changes in Voting Rights Act (ABC News)
- Tennessee - Election panel sues and challenges state recall law (ChattanoogaTimes Free Press)
- South Carolina - S.C. Attorney General to Appeal Voter ID Ruling (Patch.com)
- Texas - Texas Primaries Await U.S. Supreme Court Ruling (The Texas Tribune)
- West Virginia - West Virginia Legislature Told to Act Promptly On Redistricting ( Wheeling News-Register )
- - Ousted Indiana elections chief White sentenced to 1 year of home detention in voter fraud case
- Virginia - Cuccinelli backs away from call for fast fix to ballot law (Washington Times)
Commentary on the latest developments in election law during the week of January 1, 2012.