Complete coverage for Nevada can be found below. (Return to States List)
Swing State Focus
Provisional Ballots: What kind of information is required to validate a provisional ballot?
Recount Resources: Does the state have an automatic recount, and how is it triggered?
Recount Resources: May a candidate request a recount?
Recount Resources: What is the date for certification (how many days after the election)?
Voter ID: What is the ID requirement to vote?
Information & Analysis
- Early Votes in Nevada and Elsewhere (11/02/10)
- Purges & Provisional Ballots (10/09/08)
Election law news from across the country concerning Nevada
- Harvey Whittemore to be sentenced Monday for campaign finance scheme (9/30/13)
- Nevada: Attempt to recall State Senator over gun control issues faces high hurdles from state law (9/17/13)
- Nev. developer guilty of illegal campaign contributions (5/30/13)
- Reid says he’s ‘sorry’ Whittemore is facing trial on campaign finance violations (5/29/13)
- Miller calls for voter photo ID law in Nevada (11/28/12)
- Nevada Secretary of State addresses voting machine concerns (11/06/12)
- Democrats file complaint against Tarkanian (6/29/12)
- Whittemore pleads not guilty in illegal campaign contributions case (6/08/12)
- Group accused of violating election laws (6/05/12)
- Judge tweaks, approves Nevada redistricting maps (10/28/11)
- Nevada GOP folds; opens January date for NH primary (10/24/11)
- High voter registration in Nevada (7/09/09)
- Election law changes criticized (5/29/09)
- Nevada Files New Voter Registration Charges Against ACORN (5/06/09)
- Acorn Charged in Voter Registration Fraud Case in Nevada (5/05/09)
- State: No false or stifled votes here (10/29/08)
- Washoe ballot confusion should end Friday (10/14/08)
- Official: Registration issues won't affect vote (10/08/08)
- Electronic voter-registration databases put to the test (9/15/08)
- In Nevada, voter registration points to electric election (9/04/08)
- Column: 'Isolated problem' at the polls should serve as lesson (8/17/08)
- Voting update: All machines now working at Jesse Beck (8/12/08)
- Voting update: Voters complain of problems at Sparks Middle School (8/12/08)
- Early voting turnout unlikely to match '06 numbers (8/07/08)
- Dayton's early voting times called unfair for day shift workers (7/30/08)
- Term limit ruling takes two district board members off ballot (7/30/08)
- Early Voting Brings Low Turnout (7/28/08)
- Registrar foresees low turnout (7/27/08)
- Lawsuit over voting machines dismissed in Reno (7/27/08)
There are no active cases in Nevada that Election Law @ Moritz is covering at this time.
- ABC, Inc. v. Heller (Polling Place Press Access)
- Chesnut v. Democratic Party of Nevada (Selection of Presidential Electors)
- Townley v. Miller (Ballot Design)