Complete coverage for Iowa can be found below. (Return to States List)
Swing State Focus
Provisional Ballots: What kind of information is required to validate a provisional ballot?
Recount Resources: May a candidate request a recount?
Recount Resources: Does the state have an automatic recount, and how is it triggered?
Recount Resources: What is the date for certification (how many days after the election)?
Voter ID: What is the ID requirement to vote?
Information & Analysis
There are no news developments in Iowa that Election Law @ Moritz has covered, or is covering at this time.
There are no commentary articles in Iowa that Election Law @ Moritz has written at this time.
Election law news from across the country concerning Iowa
- Voting Rights of an estimated 50,000 at stake in Friday decision (3/19/14)
- Iowa judge rules against Schultz removal of voters (3/06/14)
- Letter questions voter fraud probe costs (12/20/13)
- Schultz, many Iowans still solidly back voter ID laws (12/16/13)
- Activists Ask Judge To Block Rule Allowing Voter Purge ‘Scare Letters’ (9/09/13)
- ACLU renews lawsuit to stop voter removal rule (9/06/13)
- Caucus payments to Iowa officials prompt scrutiny (7/22/13)
- Secretary of state to rewrite voter form (7/10/13)
- Court loosens rules on political spending (6/14/13)
- Iowa auditor vows to look into voter fraud investigation funds (6/10/13)
- Iowa may consider signature verification of voters (11/30/12)
- Iowa to poll-watchers: Back off (11/01/12)
- Iowa voter ID bill back with a twist (1/31/12)
- Iowa military voters get help (7/06/10)
- Iowans file more than 9,000 absentee ballots (5/25/10)
- Crossover primary voting doesn’t faze either party (5/22/10)
- Web-based absentee ballot tracking (5/03/10)
- Computerized system cuts down on voter errors (8/29/09)
- Voter centers plan scrapped after city considers lawsuit (8/04/09)
- Bill requires early counting of absentee ballots (3/17/09)
- Mauro speaks out against effort to abandon electoral college (3/03/09)
- Senate committee votes to dump electoral college (2/24/09)
- Two Pine Ridge women file voting rights lawsuit (2/18/09)
- Iowa may ditch Electoral College (2/11/09)
- Secretary of State wants some changes in election law (2/03/09)
- Clinton man charged with election misconduct (12/29/08)
- Attorney’s race to see hand recount (11/12/08)
- Creating Credibility: 8 Years Later, There’s Still No Consensus on Ensuring Integrity in Elections (7/16/08)
- ACLU v. Schultz (Voter Registration)
There are no archived cases in Iowa that Election Law @ Moritz has covered at this time.