Moritz Law Library
- Library Home
- Research Databases, Journals & Periodicals
- Research Guides
- OSU Libraries/WorldCat@OSU
- Library Catalog
- My Record
- Opinio Juris
- Moritz Legal Information Blog
- Exam Archives
- Audio/Visual Services
- About the Moritz Law Library
- New Acquisitions
Research Guides: Statistical Sources
This guide refers to Moritz Law Library resources containing statistics only on the United States; it does not refer to foreign or international statistical sources.
- Statistical Abstracts of the United States - Contains national and state statistics on social, political, and economic issues. Reference Desk HA 202.S73. View Full Catalog Record.
- Datapedia of the United States - Provides historical statistics of the United States, from 1776 to 2000, as well as some future projections. Reference Desk HA202.K87 2001. View Full Catalog Record.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight - Contains full-text statistical material from 1960's. (Off-campus access)
- FedStats - Compilation of links to official statistical information from over 100 U.S. government agencies. Search by keyword or browse by topic.
State, County or City Statistics
- State Rankings - Ranks the 50 states in various subjects. Reference Desk HA203.S72. View Full Catalog Record.
- County and City Extra: Annual Metro, City, and County Data Book - Displays statistics by state, county, congressional district, and major cities. Published annually. Reference Desk HA 203.C68. View Full Catalog Record.
- County and City Data Book - Official data from 2000 census on population and housing. View Full Catalog Record.
- CQ's State Fact Finder. Ranks the 50 states in various subjects.
HN60.C66 2007. View Full Catalog Record.
- State Profiles - Statistics on the population and economy of the fifty states, includes ranking of states for key economic and demographic indicators. Reference Desk HA 203.S734 2nd (2002). View Full Catalog Record.
- Ohio Statistical Abstract - Compares Ohio with other states and the nation as a whole. HA 571.O34. View Full Catalog Record.
- Benchmark Ohio - Provides the rankings of Ohio's major metropolitan communities in various subject areas. Reference Desk HA 575.B46 1991, View Full Catalog Record.
- Ohio County Profiles - Prepared by the Ohio Department of Development's Office of Strategic Research. Provides population, employment, and housing data for each of Ohio's 88 counties.
Subject Specific Statistical Material
Moritz Law Library has many books that contain statistics on individual topics. To find these books, do a Keyword search on OSU Libraries' Online Catalog. You may want to select Law as the location to limit the results to those books located at the Moritz Law Library.
Examples: "AIDS and statistics," "prisons and statistics," and "employment and statistics."
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics - Provides diverse data on the criminal justice system, including state statistics, characteristics of prisoners, distribution of offences, and public attitudes. Published annually. HV7245.N37. View Full Catalog Record.
- Uniform Crime Reports for the United States - Presents crime statistics, gathered from law enforcement reports, for the nation and smaller geographic regions, including college campuses. Published annually. KF 183.U54. View Full Catalog Record.
- Supreme Court Compendium - Statistics relating to the justices of, the decisions by, and the influences on the United States Supreme Court. Reference Desk KF 8742.E68 2007. View Full Catalog Record.
- Ohio Courts Summary - Statistical analysis of the caseload of the Ohio judicial system. Published Annually. Reference Desk KFO 71.A3 (through 2005). View Full Catalog Record.
- Judicial Business of the Unites States Courts: Annual Report of the Director of the Administrative Office of the United States Courts - Provides statistical data on various aspects of the federal judicial system and its workload. Published annually.
- Paper (1940-1991, In Judicial Conference of the United States Report) KF8700.A843. View Full Catalog Record.
Last Updated: 11/28/2011