Last Updated: June 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Gill v. IRS
Date Filed: February 19, 2013
State: Washington, D.C.
Issue: Campaign Finance
Courts that Heard this Case: United States District Court for the District of Columbia (Case 1:13-cv-00213)
Whether the IRS regulation allowing tax exempt status for "social welfare" organizations is arbitrary or capricious as applied to groups active in particular political races.
Complaint filed 2/19/13. IRS's motion to dismiss filed 4/22/13. Plaintiffs' Memo in Opposition to Motion to Dismiss filed 5/17/13. Joint Stipulation of Dismissal filed 6/7/13.
District Court Documents
- Complaint (filed 2/19/13)
- Motion to Dismiss (filed 4/22/13)
- Plaintiffs' Motion for Extension of Time to Respond to Motion to Dismiss (filed 4/29/13)
- Plaintiffs' Memorandum in Opposition to Defendant's Motion to Dismiss (filed 5/17/13)
- Defendant's Consent Motion to Enlarge Time to Reply and Continue Hearing (filed 5/22/13)
- Memorandum in Reply to Plaintiff's Opposition to Motion to Dismiss (filed 6/3/13)
- Joint Stipulation of Dismissal (filed 6/7/13)
- Minute Order Vacating Motion Hearing (filed 6/11/13)