Last Updated: September 10, 2010 at 1:40 PM
Berg v. Obama
Date Filed: August 21, 2008
Issue: Candidate Eligibility
Courts that Heard this Case: U.S. District Cour for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (Case 2:08-cv-04083)
Whether Senator Barrack Obama is a U.S. citizen and eligible to hold the office of President of the United States. Plaintiff is alleging that Senator Obama is falsely claiming to be a natural born citizen.
Complaint and Motion for Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) filed on 8/21/08. Motion for TRO was denied by the Court on 8/22/08.
District Court Documents
- Complaint (filed 8/21/08)
- Motion for TRO and Expedited Discovery (filed 8/21/08)
- ORDER THAT UPON CONSIDERATION OF PLAINITFF'S MOTION FOR TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER AND AFTER HAVING A HEARING IN OPEN COURT IT IS ORDERED THAT THE MOTION IS DENIED (entered 8/22/08)
- MOTION to Expedite Discovery, Extensive Discovery and Appoint A Special Master (filed 9/9/08)
- Lawsuit questions Obama's eligibility for office, Washington Times, 8/28/08