Last Updated: September 14, 2012 at 1:50 PM
State ex rel Voters First v. The Ohio Ballot Board
Date Filed: August 23, 2012
Courts that Heard this Case: Supreme Court of Ohio (Case 12-1443)
Whether the language adopted by the Ohio Ballot Board for a proposed amendment to the Ohio Consitution on legislative redistricting should be declared invalid.
Complaint filed 8/23/12. Answer filed 8/24/12. Slip opinion issued 9/12/12.
District Court Documents
- Complaint (filed 8/23/12)
- Answer (filed 8/24/12)
- Relators' Merit Brief (filed 8/27/12)
- Evidence of Relators (filed 8/27/12)
- Evidence of Respondents (filed 8/30/12)
- Respondents' Merit Brief (filed 8/30/12)
- Relators' Reply Brief (filed 8/31/12)
- Slip Opinion (filed 9/12/12)
- Entry Granting Writ of Mandamus (filed 9/12/12)
DISCLOSURE: Election Law @ Moritz Senior Fellow Daniel Tokaji is one of the parties in this case. No EL@M member who participates in any lawsuit covered on the EL@M website is involved in generating the website's information or analysis on that lawsuit.