Last Updated: February 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Citizen Center v. Gessler
Date Filed: February 13, 2012
Issues: Improper Election Administration, Voting Technology
Courts that Heard this Case: U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado (Case 1:12-cv-00370)
Whether Mesa County, Colorado's election procedures infringe on the rights to vote, political expression, and speech.
complaint filed 2/13/12.
District Court Documents
- Complaint (filed 2/13/12)
Edward B. Foley
Federal courts have a power to protect voting rights that they lacked until recently.
In the News
Professor Dan Tokaji was quoted on Fox28 about Donald Trump’s latest video outlining plans for his first 100 days in office.
"Take immigration for example, one of the cornerstones of the Trump campaign, not just building the wall, but reversing some of President Obama's actions on immigration, in particular the protection of the immigrant children," Tokaji said. "There will be a big backlash from the growing Latino population if he acts too aggressively on that, something that could hurt the Republican Party for decades."
Info & Analysis
Divided District Court Panel Finds Wisconsin Assembly Districts Unconstitutionally Drawn
In a 2-1 opinion, a District Court panel determined that the redistricting plan enacted by the Wisconsin legislature in 2011 was an unconstitutional partisan gerrymander. The court deferred its ruling as to a remedy, ordering further briefing by the parties. The case is Whitford v. Nichol.
- Alabama Democratic Conference v. Alabama
- Common Cause v. Kemp
- Common Cause v. Rucho
- Correll v. Herring et al
- Feldman v. Arizona
- Fish v. Kobach
- Florida Democratic Party v. Detzner
- Florida Democratic Party v. Scott
- Frank v. Walker
- Great America PAC v. Wisconsin Elections Commission
- Hindel v. Husted
- League of Women Voters v. Newby
- Lee v. Virginia Board of Elections
- NEOCH v. Husted
- North Carolina NAACP v. McCrory
- North Carolina State Conference of the NAACP v. The North Carolina State Board of Elections
- Ohio A. Philip Randolph Institute and NEOCH v. Husted
- Ohio Democratic Party v. Husted
- One Wisconsin Institute v. Thomsen
- Perez v. Texas
- Schuette v. Board of State Canvassers
- Shapiro v. McManus
- Stein v. Cortes
- Stein v. Thomas
- True the Vote, Inc. v. IRS
- Veasey v. Abbott
- Whitford v. Nichol