Last Updated: February 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Citizen Center v. Gessler
Date Filed: February 13, 2012
Issues: Improper Election Administration, Voting Technology
Courts that Heard this Case: U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado (Case 1:12-cv-00370)
Whether Mesa County, Colorado's election procedures infringe on the rights to vote, political expression, and speech.
complaint filed 2/13/12.
District Court Documents
- Complaint (filed 2/13/12)
Edward B. Foley
It is a fortuitous coincidence that the University of Virginia’s Journal of Law & Politics has just published a piece of mine that shows the relevance of the current vote-counting process in Virginia’s Attorney General election to what might happen if the 2016 presidential election turns on a similar vote-counting process in Virginia.
In the News
Professor Daniel Tokaji was quoted in an article from the Akron Beacon-Journal about the multi-million dollar lawsuit against Benjamin Suarez, who is accused of making illegal campaign contributions. Tokaji said it's tough to know exactly what the government's case consists of.
“It’s hard to say. If they’ve got witnesses, especially those in the company who will testify to what the government claims was going on, and there isn’t any evidence to contradict that testimony, then the government would seem to have a strong case,” Tokaji said.
Info & Analysis
Judge Grants Permanent Injunction in Pennsylvania Voter ID Case
Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania Judge Bernard McGinley issued an opinion and order permanently enjoining Pennsylvania's voter ID law from taking effect. Judge McGinley ruled that the law violates the right to vote established by the Pennsylvania Constitution. The case is Applewhite v. Pennsylvania.
- Applewhite v. Pennsylvania
- Arcia v. Detzner
- Arizona v. The Inter Tribal Council of Arizona, Inc.
- Banfield v. Aichele
- Citizen Center v. Gessler
- CREW v. IRS
- Currie v. North Carolina
- Davis v. Perry
- Fair Elections Ohio, The Amos Project, et al v. Husted
- Favors v. Cuomo
- Frank v. Walker
- Gusciora v. Christie
- Jones v. Deininger
- Judicial Watch, Inc. v. Husted
- Kobach v. EAC
- League of Women Voters of North Carolina v. Howard
- League of Women Voters of Wisconsin v. Walker
- Libertarian Party of Ohio v. Husted
- McCutcheon v. FEC
- Milwaukee Branch of the NAACP v. Walker
- NEOCH v. Husted
- North Carolina NAACP v. McCrory
- Obama for America v. Husted
- Perez v. Texas
- Scott v. Schedler
- SEIU v. Husted
- Shelby County, Alabama v. Holder
- Susan B. Anthony List v. Driehaus
- Texas v. Holder
- Texas v. United States
- Townley v. Miller
- True the Vote, Inc. v. IRS
- United States v. North Carolina
- United States v. Texas
- Veasey v. Perry
- Voting for America v. Skeen
- Wagner v. Federal Election Commission