Last Updated: September 10, 2010 at 1:40 PM
United States v. New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense
Date Filed / Ended: January 7, 2009 / May 18, 2009
Issue: Voting Rights Act
Courts that Heard this Case: U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (Case 2:09-cv-00065)
Whether the actions of the defendants were intimidating and in violation of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
Complaint filed 1/7/09. Motion for Default Judgment filed 5/15/09. Default Judgment entered against Samir Shabazz (5/18/09).
Federal District Court Documents
- Complaint (filed 1/07/09)
- Default by Jerry Jackson, New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense, Malik Zulu Shabazz, Samir Shabazz for Failure to Appear, Plead or Otherwise Defend (entered 4/1/09)
- Motion for Extension of Time and Motion for Default Judgment (filed 5/1/09)
- Motion for Default Judgment against Samir Shabazz (filed 5/15/09)
- Default Judgment entered in favor of the United States of America against Samir Shabazz, enjoining Samir Shabazz from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of any open polling location on any election day in the City of Philadelphia (entered 5/18/09)