Moritz Law Library
- Library Home
- Legal Research Databases
- Research Guides
- OSU Libraries/WorldCat@OSU
- Library Catalog
- My Record
- Opinio Juris
- Moritz Legal Information Blog
- Exam Archives
- Audio/Visual Services
- About the Moritz Law Library
- New Acquisitions
Research Guides: Accuracy Checks Resources
Use My Record to check due dates, renew material, and check the status of OhioLINK requests.
Locate the journal or newspaper in the following resources.
- OSU Library Catalog
- OSU eJournal Title List
- HeinOnline [off-campus]
- JSTOR [off-campus]
- Academic Search Complete [off-campus]
- Google Scholar
- Proquest Historical Newspapers [off-campus] - PDFs of New York Times (1851-2009), Chicago Tribune (1849-1989), Washington Post (1877-1996), L.A. Times (1881-1989)
To find a book, search by the book's title or author in the following catalogs.
Cases and Briefs
- Westlaw has some state and federal opinions and briefs in PDF.
- The U.S. Supreme Court Records and Briefs, 1832-1978 [off-campus] database is a digital archive that contains select Supreme Court records for the specified time period.
- ABA's Preview of United States Supreme Court Cases has merit briefs for recent cases, as does SCOTUSblog
- Bloomberg Law for access to federal court filings
Federal Legislative History Materials
- ProQuest Congressional [off-campus]
- GPO has links to some Congressional Hearings (from the 104th Congress forward) in PDF.
- THOMAS has some legislative history information going back to the 93rd Congress (1973), with more complete information available starting at the 101st (1989).
- HeinOnline Federal Legislative Histories [off-campus].
Legal Abbreviations and Citation Format
- Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations is a database of legal citations. Use it to to translate the abbreviation to a title or ISBN number that you can then use to search an online catalog such as the OSU Library Catalog or WorldCat.
- The Bluebook is available in the Moritz Law Library Reserve Room. KF 245.U5
- Bieber's Dictionary of Legal Abbreviations is available in the Moritz Law Library Reserve Room KF 246 .B46 2001. Use Bieber's to decipher an unfamiliar abbreviation.
Links to Other Local Library Web Sites
- Capital University Law School Library
- Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- State Library of Ohio
InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
Reference Phone: (614) 292-9463
Reference Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Desk hours:
- Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: no reference
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m