Week of June 8, 2014
The latest election law headlines taken from media outlets across the country during the week of June 8, 2014.
- Ohio - 3 takeaways from campaign finance reports (Cincinnati Enquirer)
- Ohio - Ohio elections chief plans to follow judge's order (Associated Press)
- California - COC negotiating settlement in Voting Rights Act lawsuit (Santa Clarita Valley Signal)
- Alaska - Protecting Native Alaskans' right to vote -- no matter what language they speak -- is critical (Alaska Dispatch)
- Ohio - Partisan system for electing judges OK, court rules (Columbus Dispatch)
- National - Obama to make push on American Indian voting rights (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Wisconsin - Wisconsin board approves ballot access for Gary George (Associated Press)
- National - GOP struggles to recruit black voters, candidates (Hattiesburg American)
Information & Analysis
Information and analysis on the latest developments in election law during the week of June 8, 2014.
Election Law at Moritz is nonpartisan and does not endorse, support, or oppose any candidate, campaign, or party. Opinions expressed by individuals associated with Election Law at Moritz, either on this web site or in connection with conferences or other activities undertaken by the program, represent solely the views of the individuals offering the opinions and not the program itself. Election Law at Moritz institutionally does not represent any clients or participate in any litigation. Individuals affiliated with the program may in their own personal capacity participate in campaign or election activity, or engage in pro bono representation of clients other than partisan candidates or organizations.