Week of May 18, 2014
The latest election law headlines taken from media outlets across the country during the week of May 18, 2014.
- Arkansas - Arkansas voter ID law causes chaos and confusion (MSNBC)
- Alaska - Begich introduces voting rights bill (Anchorage Daily News)
- Michigan - Judge puts U.S. Rep. Conyers back on primary ballot (Detroit Free Press)
- Massachusetts - Massachusetts Governor to Sign Early Voting Bill (Boston Herald)
- New York - DíSouza guilty of campaign finance charge (The Boston Globe)
- North Carolina - Civil rights groups ask for voter ID injunction (Citizen Times)
- National - There's a Better Way to Measure Who Has Raised the Most Money (New York Times)
- Florida - Florida congressional-redistricting maps go on trial (Orlando Sentinel )
Election Law at Moritz is nonpartisan and does not endorse, support, or oppose any candidate, campaign, or party. Opinions expressed by individuals associated with Election Law at Moritz, either on this web site or in connection with conferences or other activities undertaken by the program, represent solely the views of the individuals offering the opinions and not the program itself. Election Law at Moritz institutionally does not represent any clients or participate in any litigation. Individuals affiliated with the program may in their own personal capacity participate in campaign or election activity, or engage in pro bono representation of clients other than partisan candidates or organizations.