Week of January 19, 2014
The latest election law headlines taken from media outlets across the country during the week of January 19, 2014.
- National - Conservative filmmaker behind anti-Obama documentary indicted for violating election law (Fox News)
- New York - Publicly finance elections (Times Union )
- National - Don't use MLK to push harmful election laws (Forbes)
- Arizona - Bill repealing new election law set for hearing (Associated Press)
- National - Obama meets with election law odd couple (ABC News)
- Ohio - Should politicians have the right to lie? U.S. Supreme Court could decide in Ohio case (Plain Dealer)
- Ohio - Pepper calls out DeWine on voter rights (Associated Press)
- Washington - Stalled immigrant-rights bill could sway some elections (Seattle Times)
- Arizona, Kansas, Georgia - Feds reject voter registration changes for Arizona, other states (Associated Press)
Election Law at Moritz is nonpartisan and does not endorse, support, or oppose any candidate, campaign, or party. Opinions expressed by individuals associated with Election Law at Moritz, either on this web site or in connection with conferences or other activities undertaken by the program, represent solely the views of the individuals offering the opinions and not the program itself. Election Law at Moritz institutionally does not represent any clients or participate in any litigation. Individuals affiliated with the program may in their own personal capacity participate in campaign or election activity, or engage in pro bono representation of clients other than partisan candidates or organizations.