Week of April 21, 2013
The latest election law headlines taken from media outlets across the country during the week of April 21, 2013.
- Texas - House erupts in showdown on voter's rights (San Antonio Express-News)
- Florida - Legislative deal keeps major campaign-finance loophole (Orlando Sentinel )
- North Carolina - Voter ID one step closer to become state law (Raleigh News & Observer)
- National - S.E.C. Gets Plea: Force Companies to Disclose Donations (USA Today)
- Montana - Dark-money bill progress reflects legislative corruption (Bozeman Daily Chronicle )
- North Carolina - NC House budget committee endorses voter ID bill (San Francisco Chronicle )
- Hawaii - Democratic Party Will File Legal Challenge Over Hawaii's Primary Election Laws (Hawaii Reporter )
- Florida - Voting rights groups lambaste Florida GOPís election law rewrite (Miami Herald)
- New Jersey - N.J. Senate Democrats to introduce major overhaul of campaign finance laws (Newark Star-Ledger)
Election Law at Moritz is nonpartisan and does not endorse, support, or oppose any candidate, campaign, or party. Opinions expressed by individuals associated with Election Law at Moritz, either on this web site or in connection with conferences or other activities undertaken by the program, represent solely the views of the individuals offering the opinions and not the program itself. Election Law at Moritz institutionally does not represent any clients or participate in any litigation. Individuals affiliated with the program may in their own personal capacity participate in campaign or election activity, or engage in pro bono representation of clients other than partisan candidates or organizations.