Week of October 9, 2011
The latest election law headlines taken from media outlets across the country during the week of October 9, 2011.
- Michigan - Secretary of State (The Huron Daily Tribune)
- New Hampshire - New Hampshire mulls Republican primary in December (Reuters)
- National - Census Bureau Reports Hispanic Voter Turnout Reaches Record High for Congressional Election (The Cencus Bureau)
Below is a list of important litigation documents that were added to our site during the week of October 9, 2011. For a complete list of documents for a particular case, please visit the respective case page. You can view all cases EL@M is following by visiting the Major Pending Cases.
- The Real Truth About Abortion, Inc. v. Federal Election Commission, et al. (Case Page)
Memorandum Opinion Granting the Department of Justice's and Federal Election Commission's Motion for Summary Judgment (filed 6/16/11)
- McComish v. Bennett (Case Page)
Opinion (entered 6/27/11)
Election Law at Moritz is nonpartisan and does not endorse, support, or oppose any candidate, campaign, or party. Opinions expressed by individuals associated with Election Law at Moritz, either on this web site or in connection with conferences or other activities undertaken by the program, represent solely the views of the individuals offering the opinions and not the program itself. Election Law at Moritz institutionally does not represent any clients or participate in any litigation. Individuals affiliated with the program may in their own personal capacity participate in campaign or election activity, or engage in pro bono representation of clients other than partisan candidates or organizations.