Complete coverage for Nevada can be found below. (Return to states list)
Swing State Focus
Provisional Ballots: What kind of information is required to validate a provisional ballot?
Recount Resources: Does the state have an automatic recount, and how is it triggered?
Recount Resources: May a candidate request a recount?
Recount Resources: What is the date for certification (how many days after the election)?
Voter ID: What is the ID requirement to vote?
Information & AnalysisNovember, 2010
- Early Votes in Nevada and Elsewhere (11/02/10)
- Purges & Provisional Ballots (10/09/08)
Election law news from across the country concerning NevadaApril, 2014
- Harvey Whittemore to be sentenced Monday for campaign finance scheme (9/30/13)
- Nevada: Attempt to recall State Senator over gun control issues faces high hurdles from state law (9/17/13)
- Nev. developer guilty of illegal campaign contributions (5/30/13)
- Reid says he’s ‘sorry’ Whittemore is facing trial on campaign finance violations (5/29/13)
- Miller calls for voter photo ID law in Nevada (11/28/12)
- Nevada Secretary of State addresses voting machine concerns (11/06/12)
- Democrats file complaint against Tarkanian (6/29/12)
- Whittemore pleads not guilty in illegal campaign contributions case (6/08/12)
- Group accused of violating election laws (6/05/12)
- Judge tweaks, approves Nevada redistricting maps (10/28/11)
- Nevada GOP folds; opens January date for NH primary (10/24/11)
- High voter registration in Nevada (7/09/09)
- Election law changes criticized (5/29/09)
- Nevada Files New Voter Registration Charges Against ACORN (5/06/09)
- Acorn Charged in Voter Registration Fraud Case in Nevada (5/05/09)
- State: No false or stifled votes here (10/29/08)
- Washoe ballot confusion should end Friday (10/14/08)
- Official: Registration issues won't affect vote (10/08/08)
- Electronic voter-registration databases put to the test (9/15/08)
- In Nevada, voter registration points to electric election (9/04/08)
- Column: 'Isolated problem' at the polls should serve as lesson (8/17/08)
- Voting update: All machines now working at Jesse Beck (8/12/08)
- Voting update: Voters complain of problems at Sparks Middle School (8/12/08)
- Early voting turnout unlikely to match '06 numbers (8/07/08)
- Dayton's early voting times called unfair for day shift workers (7/30/08)
- Term limit ruling takes two district board members off ballot (7/30/08)
- Early Voting Brings Low Turnout (7/28/08)
- Registrar foresees low turnout (7/27/08)
- Lawsuit over voting machines dismissed in Reno (7/27/08)
There are no active cases in Nevada that Election Law at Moritz is covering at this time.Archived Cases
- ABC, Inc. v. Heller (Polling Place Press Access)
- Chesnut v. Democratic Party of Nevada (Selection of Presidential Electors)
- Townley v. Miller (Ballot Design)
Election Law at Moritz is nonpartisan and does not endorse, support, or oppose any candidate, campaign, or party. Opinions expressed by individuals associated with Election Law at Moritz, either on this web site or in connection with conferences or other activities undertaken by the program, represent solely the views of the individuals offering the opinions and not the program itself. Election Law at Moritz institutionally does not represent any clients or participate in any litigation. Individuals affiliated with the program may in their own personal capacity participate in campaign or election activity, or engage in pro bono representation of clients other than partisan candidates or organizations.