Election reform, the Voting Rights Act, the Help America Vote Act, and related topics -- with special attention to the voting rights of people of color, non-English proficient citizens, and people with disabilities
Dan Tokaji's Blog
- Election Law Blog (Rick Hasen)
- Election Updates (Michael Alvarez & Thad Hall)
- Votelaw Blog (Ed Still)
- Leave it to the Lower Courts: On Judicial Intervention in Election Administration, 68 Ohio State Law Journal 1065 (2007)
- The New Vote Denial: Where Election Reform Meets the Voting Rights Act, 57 South Carolina Law Review 689 (2006)
- Early Returns on Election Reform: Discretion, Disenfranchisement, and the Help America Vote Act, 73 George Washington Law Review 1206 (2005)
Friday, February 11
EAC @ Moritz
The Election Assistance Commission will be holding a public hearing on provisional voting in Columbus, right here at the Moritz College of Law, on Wednesday, February 23, 2005. The public notice can be found here. Election officials, advocates, and academics will be among those testifying at the hearing. Written comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On that subject, the ElectionLaw@Moritz project has put together with this page with various materials on provisional voting. It includes an up-to-date status report on ongoing controversies.