Bar Exam Application
This is the second step in the application process. The first step is to submit the Character & Fitness Application by November 17th of your 2L year.
Bar Exam Application due to the Office of Bar Admissions by April 1st of 3L year.
Access the Bar Exam Application: http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/AttySvcs/admissions/Bar_Exam/default.asp
Items included in the Bar Exam Application Packet:
- Examination Application (checklist of items to be submitted)
- Supplemental Character Questionnaire (see below for tips on how to fill this out)
- 1 original and 1 copy: print it out, get it notarized, then make a copy.
- Applicant Affidavit
- Law School Character Certificate
- Take to Registrar for signature.
- Non-Refundable Fees:
- Bar Exam Fee: Certified check/money order to Supreme Court of Ohio for $330.
Tips on How to Fill Out the Supplemental Character Questionnaire
- MPT Fee: certified check/money order to Supreme Court of Ohio for $26.
- Final Law School Certificate
- Take to Registrar for signature. Moritz will submit after graduation
- Bring hard copy to registrar’s window or email registrar, Laura Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Substance Abuse Instruction Certificate
- Only need if got instruction through an outside CLE.
- If got substance abuse instruction through Moritz, Registrar will certify on Final Law School Certificate.
Questions? Contact Professor Katherine Kelly
- Include the address where you want the Supreme Court to send your final approval letter and bar exam admission ticket.
- Update life events, new addresses, jobs (including clinics, internships, externships), moving violations, etc.
- Provide 3 additional character references.
- Not related by blood or marriage.
- Not someone listed on original C&F application.
- Hint: list law school friends.