Bar Exam Timelines
The Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Bar Admissions provides a list of important dates and deadlines for the bar exam.
- Attend Professor Kelly’s workshop “It’s Time to Start Thinking About the Bar Exam.” (spring semester)
- Pay attention and learn your first-year courses. They are the foundation of your law school learning and are double-tested on the bar exam.
- When registering for 2L classes, consider taking some bar-tested subjects, e.g., Evidence, Business Associations, Wills, Commercial Law, Criminal Procedure, Civil Procedure II.
- Enroll in the Moritz Bar Exam Information TWEN course.
- Attend the C&F workshops:
- Ohio Supreme Court Office of Bar Admissions (fall)
- Completing the C&F Application (fall)
- C&F Triage (fall)
- Preparing for the C&F Interview (spring)
- Complete and submit your Application to Register as a Candidate for Admission by the November 15, 2017 deadline.
- Take Professional Responsibility and register to take the August MPRE by the end of June.
Take advantage of summer bar support:
- Attend the Bar Exam Basics Workshops:
- Nuts & Bolts of the Bar Exam
- Bar Exam: the written portion
- Bar Exam: The MBE
- Bar Exam panel discussion
- MPT Immersion, Part I
- Take Professional Responsibility if you did not take it your second year.
- Register for and take the November or March MPRE.
- Take classes in bar-tested subjects.
- Submit your Application to Register as a Candidate for Admission before the late deadline of January 15th.
- Pay additional $250 in fees for failing to meet the on-time deadline.
- Complete and submit your Application to Take the Bar Exam by the April 1st deadline.
- Submit your Final Law School Certificate to the Registrar before hooding.
If you plan on using your laptop on the Ohio bar examination:
- MPT Immersion, Part II
- Weekly Essay Workshops
- Register with Exam Soft during the registration period.
- Pay the non-refundable fee of $121.
Within 30 days of being sworn in and admitted to the practice of law, file a Certificate of Registration and pay the $350 registration fee.