Also in this month's SideBar...
Law School News...
More from SideBar...
More than 100 items up for grabs in PILF auction
Tickets to see the Boss, VIP passes for a Cleveland Cavaliers game, and a family staycation package for an indoor water park are just a few items alumni are encouraged to bid on at the annual Public Interest Law Foundation Auction 2012 on Tuesday.
The fundraiser helps to fund the nonprofit organization’s fellowship program for law students working in unpaid or underpaid public service legal positions.
The event is scheduled from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Ohio Union Performance Hall, 1739 N. High St. It costs just $5 to attend the event, which features live music and hors d’oeuvres. Complimentary babysitting will be offered, too.
Participants will have the opportunity to bid on more than 100 live and silent auction items, including:
- a Cincinnati Bengals Jersey signed by No. 84, Jermaine Gresham;
- an Ohio State football signed by two-time Heisman Trophy-winner Archie Griffin;
- four VIP tickets to a Cavs game with dinner, parking pass, and access to the Huntington Bank Club Level;
- a family stay package for Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort;
- four passes to the Memorial Tournament and practice rounds;
- two tickets to see Bruce Springsteen live in Cleveland, the home of rock ‘n’ roll;
- two tickets to the Cleveland Indians’ Opening Day game;
- four tickets to a Cincinnati Reds game in April;
- tickets to BalletMet’s DanceTech; and
- tickets to the Columbus Symphony Orchestra’s Disney in Concert.
To donate an item for the auction or for more information, contact email@example.com.
– Monica DeMeglio