Benefits for Visiting Scholars
- Visiting Scholars are very welcome at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. They are entitled to a BuckID card, which allows them to use the facilities of the Moritz College, including the law library, and the University.
- Visiting scholars are granted permission to use the legal search engines as a Moritz College of Law affiliate.
- While doing research at Moritz, visiting scholar are able to audit 1-2 courses per semester.
- Visiting scholars are assigned a faculty sponsor who will provide them with limited feedback regarding their research.
- Each visiting research scholar will be given a private, secure carrel in the Moritz Law Library for use as his/her office.
- The Moritz College of Law maintains a computer lab for the exclusive use of its students and visitors. Located in the Moritz Law Library, the lab is equipped with over 40 computers containing Corel WordPerfect and Microsoft office suites, CALI programs, and access to Lexis, Westlaw, the Internet and email. The lab also has two high-capacity laser printers to which the computers are networked. Printing costs 6¢ per page and operates on a card-swipe system, using your BuckID card and debiting your BuckID account. In addition, the lab has laser printers you can use for free when printing from Lexis and Westlaw.
- All of Drinko Hall, where the Moritz College is housed, is covered by the OSU wireless network. Through wireless network, you will have access to the Internet, email, Westlaw and Lexis. To use the network you will need a laptop computer equipped with an IEEE 802.11a/b/g compliant wireless network interface card. We will provide you with more information on the network, configuring and registering your laptop when you arrive at the Moritz College of Law.
- At Moritz and Ohio State, there are frequently guest lecturers who come to speak. Visiting Scholars are able to attend many of these lectures.