- Academic Information
- Application Process
- Academic Record
- Application Check-List and Reminders
- Application Fee
- Applying for Scholarships
- Letters of Reccomendation
- Office for Disability Services
- Personal Statement
- Retention of Documents, Reapplication and Deferral Requests
- Test Scores: TOEFL or IELTS
- Valuing Diversity
- What happens after you submit your complete application?
- Bar Exam Eligibility
- Richard F. Celeste, Former U.S. Ambassador to India & Governor of Ohio
- Amy Cohen dishes about the ‘supermarket revolution’ and its effects on developing countries
- 2L hoping to leverage language skills in legal practice
- 1L thrilled by mergers, acquisitions on a global scale
- 1L sees borderless possibilities
International law consists of two distinct parts. First, public international law includes the rules that govern the relations among nation-states to create order, prevent war, and facilitate cooperation. It also includes the study of several organizations that help govern the international community, such as the United Nations. The second focus of the area is on international business law, which concerns the rights and obligations associated with international exchanges of goods, services, and capital. It, too, includes the study of several organizations that help govern international business and trade, such as the World Trade Organization.
Among a robust list of course offerings taught by full-time faculty who are experts in these areas, Moritz offers concentrated, two-week courses taught by leading practitioners in our Distinguished Practitioners in Residence program.
Find course offerings in this area with our Course Explorer.
*It should be noted that not all classes are offered every year, and course offerings are subject to change. Additionally, certain upper level courses may necessitate taking pre-requisite course/s.
Programs & Other Opportunities
- Asian/Pacific American Law Students Association
- Distinguished Practitioners in Residence
- Intellectual Property Law Society
- International Justice Mission
- International Law Society
- Latino Law Students Association
- Law and Capital Markets @ Ohio State
- Middle Eastern Law Students Association
- The Mershon Center for International Security Studies