- Why Ohio State
- Applying Applying
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Areas of Study Areas of Study
- Administrative Law and Government Regulation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Civil Rights
- Clinics and Experiential Learning
- Commercial and Consumer Law
- Constitutional Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Law
- Education Law and Policy
- Election Law
- Employment and Labor Law
- Environmental Law and Energy
- Family Relations and Wills and Trusts
- Health Law and Policy
- Intellectual Property and Technology Law
- International and Comparative Law
- Jurisprudence and Legal Theory
- Law and Other Disciplines
- Legal Profession and Ethics
- Legal Writing
- Legislation and the Law of Political Process
- Litigation and the Judicial Process
- Public Interest Law
- Real Estate
- Sports Law
There are many opportunities to develop a deeper understanding of various areas of law. Our professors are passionate about sharing the most fascinating aspects of their areas of expertise with students in the classroom. Programs, courses, journals, and student groups round out the learning experience for students, giving students freedom to explore their interests and refine their skills.
Real estate law and development is a dynamic, growing, and complicated area. Building on the foundational first-year course on property, students may study the financing and development of commercial and residential real estate transactions and investments in our upper-level curriculum.
The college offers an innovative, hands-on Real Estate Development Law course that is routinely praised by both students and potential employers. The course mixes simulated negotiations, city council meetings, and real estate deals to provide students the practical experience and knowledge that real estate development firms and law firms are seeking.
The program fills a niche of providing hands-on learning in real estate development law and deals that American law schools often miss. The groundbreaking course is different than traditional law courses in that it places students in the middle of simulated real estate deals. Students learn about the business, how to effectively represent their clients, and what to expect once they graduate.
Find course offerings in this area with our Course Explorer.
Programs & Other Opportunities