- Why Ohio State
- Applying Applying
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Areas of Study Areas of Study
- Administrative Law and Government Regulation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Civil Rights
- Clinics and Experiential Learning
- Commercial and Consumer Law
- Constitutional Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Law
- Education Law and Policy
- Election Law
- Employment and Labor Law
- Environmental Law and Energy
- Family Relations and Wills and Trusts
- Health Law and Policy
- Intellectual Property and Technology Law
- International and Comparative Law
- Jurisprudence and Legal Theory
- Law and Other Disciplines
- Legal Profession and Ethics
- Legal Writing
- Legislation and the Law of Political Process
- Litigation and the Judicial Process
- Public Interest Law
- Real Estate
- Sports Law
There are many opportunities to develop a deeper understanding of various areas of law. Our professors are passionate about sharing the most fascinating aspects of their areas of expertise with students in the classroom. Programs, courses, journals, and student groups round out the learning experience for students, giving students freedom to explore their interests and refine their skills.
Business lawyers handle a wide range of legal issues for corporations, including transactional, governance, litigation, and regulatory work. Nearly all of our students choose to take the Business Associations course to develop a basic understanding of the legal system under which corporations operate.
From issues arising at multibillion-dollar corporations to small businesses to nonprofit organizations, Ohio State offers numerous courses covering a range of issues related to corporate structure and governance, securities regulation and public offerings, corporate takeovers and mergers, foreign investment, corporate finance, and other challenges.
Moritz students also have the opportunity to earn a combination J.D.-M.B.A. degree. Students accepted in both programs split course work between the Moritz College of Law and the Fisher College of Business at Ohio State. The integrated program broadens career perspectives and prepares graduates contemplating professional roles requiring leadership, legal expertise, and a business management perspective.
Find course offerings in this area with our Course Explorer.
Programs & Other Opportunities
- Business Law Society
- Capstone Courses
- Corporate Law Moot Court Team
- Distinguished Practitioners in Residence
- Law and Capital Markets @ Ohio State
- Ohio State Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal