- J.D. Admissions Home
- About Moritz
- Applying to Moritz
- Dates & Deadlines
- Financial Aid
- Areas of Study
- Discover Law at Moritz
- Visit Moritz
- Request Information
- Career Services Information
- J.D. Admitted Students
- Admissions Staff
The Moritz College of Law permits students to enroll as visiting or transient students. Visiting students typically have completed the first two years of law classes at another ABA-approved law school. Requirements are:
- The completed application, available electronically September 15-December 1, February 1-April 1, and June 1-August 1, should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the desired date of enrollment (This requirement can sometimes be waived for summer school). The application fee is $60.
- A letter from the Dean of the law school you are currently attending stating that:
- You have the law school's permission to attend The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law;
- The courses you take at Ohio State will in fact transfer to the law school you are currently attending and under what criteria.
- That you are in good standing.
- A very brief statement explaining your reason(s) for wishing to take courses at the Moritz College of Law.
- A transcript from the law school currently attended.
- Moritz College of Law's J.D. candidates receive first choice for course selection (This is seldom a problem; however, consultation with the Registrar might assist in scheduling if a problem arises).
- Transient students are admitted to the Moritz College of Law for one semester only. Students who wish to remain for a second semester must receive permission to do so from the Dean of Admissions.