- J.D. Admissions Home
- About Moritz
- Applying to Moritz
- Dates & Deadlines
- Financial Aid
- Areas of Study
- Discover Law at Moritz
- Visit Moritz
- Request Information
- Career Services Information
- J.D. Admitted Students
- Admissions Staff
Early Decision Option
Early Decision Agreement
Applicants to The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law frequently indicate that Ohio State is their first choice for a legal education. For those students who have carefully researched their law school opportunities, the Early Decision Option provides an expeditious evaluation and decision by the Admissions Committee. This early notification has the advantage of enabling successful early decision applicants to pursue their educational, professional and familial engagements and responsibilities free of the time, expense and anxiety associated with the typical law school application process. Successful Early Decision applicants will be notified of merit scholarship awards within three weeks of their admission and prior to the deposit deadline. However, decisions on the award of endowed scholarships, including the Moritz Merit Scholarship, and on the award of need based aid will not be available until late spring. Thus, the applicant should be in a position to commit to attending Ohio State even though they will not have a complete financial aid package at the time of their deposit. It is important to recognize that the benefits associated with admission under the Early Decision Option are accompanied by a reduction in law school choice. Ohio State reserves the right to provide other law schools with the names of applicants accepted under our Early Decision Option.
Applicants wishing to be considered as a candidate for the Early Decision Option must:
- Submit an Early Decision Agreement and an application for admission no later than November 24, 2012.
- The Early Decision application must be complete no later than December 1, 2012. The application is considered complete when all required application materials, including a CAS report, have been received by the Office of Admissions.
- Candidates who apply under the Early Decision Option may not apply for early decision consideration at another law school.
- Candidates must agree that if admitted to Ohio State under the Early Decision Option, they will withdraw their applications from all other law schools.
- Candidates may not initiate any additional law school applications once notified of their Ohio State offer of Early Decision admission.
- Candidates admitted under the Early Decision Option will not be eligible for deferral unless exceptional circumstances are demonstrated.
Early Decision applicants may be admitted, denied, or held for consideration through the regular rolling admissions process. Applicants who meet the requirements for Early Decision consideration will be notified by December 21, 2012. The seat deposit deadline for applicants admitted under the Early Decision Option is January 20, 2013. Applicants who have not been admitted under the Early Decision process are not bound by this Early Decision Agreement.
The Early Decision Agreement is now an online form that can be accessed by following this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MLYKYMW